Thursday 18 August 2016

Maria Broster

I've been building myself up to this since yesterday. It's difficult to put into words just how much she influenced me musically and personally. She didn't just teach me to play guitar. She didn't just teach me to play mandolin. She didn't just perform with me at many of my gigs and open mic nights. She taught me that someone who follows their dreams without comprimise can be happy without limits. Even more importantly than that, she was my friend.

I get called an inspiration quite a lot because of what I do and how I do it. I can honestly, hand-on-heart say that Maria Broster was an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many people feel the same.

The world today is a bleaker place having lost a wonderful artist, musician and person. Rest well old friend.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment